The music industry began its annual shutdown on December 20th and will continue for many through January 5th. But even a Cabo, Costa Rica and Cancun filled with vacationers, the music industry deal-making, announcements, and even a shutdown continued.
Here are 5 music industry stories you may have missed over the holiday break:
- Universal Music Sold A 10% Stake To China’s Tencent For $3.4 Billion
- 8Tracks Radio Shuts Down After 11 Great Years
- Tik Tok Competitor Triller Passes 26.5M US Users, Adds Partners Snoop Dogg, The Weeknd, Marshmello, More
- Sofar Sounds Opens Books, Pledges More Money For Artists
- Facebook Pursues Music Video Rights in Challenge to YouTube